15 December 2010

The Middle Child is Now in the Act

Paige, who is 10, and my very ambitious Girl Scout Junior, caught the quilt bug after horning in on her sister’s project. So we went to a very inexpensive store to get fabric for her first quilt project. She decided that her first project would be for herself (I like the way that girl thinks). She picked out a variety of fabrics that I think are very 10 – peace signs, smiley faces, stripes, dots, circles. All very colorful and most on a black background, which makes those colors pop. She was so happy, she danced out of the store.
Noelle … not so much. She was so jealous she couldn’t walk a straight line. AND … her face was so pouty it literally came to a point. It was all I could do to keep from laughing. I assured her that as soon as she finished her original project, she could come to the same store and pick out her next project.
That was not good enough.
Back to Paige’s joy … which is exactly what it was … pure JOY. The hardest part for her was waiting until after the Thanksgiving holiday. I cut her squares and in one evening, she put together the rows of her quilt. 

I will post when it is complete. But I don’t think it will take very long!

No comments: